Monday, October 3, 2011

Do something.

Have you ever heard God scream?
I have. 
In Malawi, Africa. Every morning when I heard the Africans crying out in blinded deception I heard God scream. I looked at His tear-stained face and saw the very image of pain and agony. 
"Shouldn't your heart break for these people?" He said to me. 
















Have you ever heard God scream?
I have.
When I was in Cairo, Egypt.
Where 98% of the 25 million people there are Muslim. Where all of those people then, fasted in order to obtain peace approval from something that wasn't real. 
As someone in the city explained how much closer they felt to their god after fasting I heard the voice of God cry out in pain. He was screaming and weeping. 
















Have you ever heard God cry?
I did. 
Today in chapel. I was reminded of how His heart breaks for theirs. Tears flowed down my cheeks and I felt a knot tie itself in the center of my heart as God whispered to me: "Cry for my people, and what you feel will be only a fraction of what is in my heart."
How easily we forget God's heart. 
I can hear the call to go so loudly, it aggravates me to see that some people doubt their presence on a simple missions trip. It aggravates me how much pain and suffering and heartache is taking place and people are sitting down in their living rooms wondering if God wants them to go or not. 
Please.
Do you not hear that? Do you not see it? He doesn't have to call you audibly. He doesn't have to pull you physically. 
-Today 24,000 children under five will die of preventable causes such as diarrhoea, malaria and pneumonia.

-Every day, more than 7,500 children under the age of five die as a result of under-nutrition.
-Almost 1 billion people don't have access to safe drinking water and 3.575 million people, mostly children, die every year from water-related diseases.
-The number of us living with HIV today is around 33.4 million, 68% in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- There are about 250,000 children currently serving in armed conflicts for both rebel groups and government forces in various Asian countries, parts of Latin America, the Middle East, Europe and most critically in Africa.

-Between 158 million and 218 million children aged 5 to 14 are engaged in child labour – that’s at least one in six children in our world. At least 126 million of these kids are involved in hazardous work.

-Close to 1 million people commit suicide throughout our world each year which exceeds both annual total homicides and annual deaths by war combined.
-90% of child deaths in Ethiopia alone are preventable
-Pregnancy related deaths are the leading cause of deaths worldwide for girls aged 15 – 19.  
















Have you ever heard God cry? 
I want you to. I think it would change you. I know it's changed me.
I think if you heard God weep you would never doubt again doubt your call to help. 
I made this video without fully realizing what it entailed, but now as I look at it I understand better.
This is your call. This is a chance to do something - to change those statistics.
Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHLs_RqeKkY
                        www.gtsf.org
Want other ways to get involved? There are tons, literally. Check some of the links out below.
Don't let this be something you read and then go on with your life as it was.
Please.
Do something.

http://www.compassion.com/
http://www.convoyofhope.org/

http://www.i-heart.org/change.php?strtype=idea
http://www.i-heart.org/index.php

http://www.krochetkids.org/
http://www.usaid.gov/fwd/







No comments:

Post a Comment