Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sometimes words are useless.

It's done. Finished. Complete. Over.
It's a weird feeling mixed with a drained feeling. All my summer's work is pretty much wrapped up, tied away neatly in two weeks of experience and exposure that will stay with me for the rest of my life - the first camps I put together, ever.
I'm exhausted and needless to say, very tired. Being sleep-deprived for two straight weeks can definitely take it's toll. It's more like being sleep-deprived while trying to remain in responsibility of large groups of minors. Activities. Services. Management.
But it's done, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. The way things played out have given me so much experience. I've learned so much and I know it's only the beginning.

This is more of a thanks for coming along with me on this journey. I couldn't have done it by myself. There are so many people who helped, labored, and worked extremely hard to make the past 2 weeks a huge success, so thank you: staff, interns, neighboring churches, pastors, leaders, counselors, CITs, and those who stepped in when we needed it. Those last minute sign ups and counselors made everything come together completely.
Thank you for partnering with me.
Thank you for being my friend.
Thank you for listening when I was trying to hold it all together and thanks for sticking around anyways.
Sometimes words are useless, and it may just be the sleep deprivation, but when I try to appropriately express my thanks it seems almost mediocre in light of how much you really helped and accomplished.

WE DID IT.

I also need to express a special thanks to my best friend who fought for my sanity and helped me to maintain my balance in life with both work and you know, living. There's nothing like having someone like that around. She's the best. Also to my family who spurred me on to accomplish this goal and believed in me every step of the way.

Next stop: Ecuador.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tabatha,

    Glad to hear your summer is going well.

    It was nice to meet you as well. If you have an email address, I'll let you know the next time I head up that way.

    Have fun in Ecuador!
    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete