Sunday, January 16, 2011

Goodbye, 2010

My time in San Francisco is quickly coming to a close. I leave on Tuesday! That's 2 days away, soon to be one day away at the rate time passes me by at night. I think this month off has given me a lot of time to recover from the semester. I think the past few months have been the most stress-filled moments of my entire life all crammed into one, close time period and even though my semester for this spring looks tough I really hope that things will be different.
There's just so stinking much to think about! And of course this is such a me thing to do! Plan out years ahead instead of months ahead. Or even plan out months ahead and stress about it ahead of time. It's time to take a breather, and I think that is what this Winter break has given me.
Now, I really don't have all the answers. I don't always know what I'm talking about or trying to say but I do know that whatever this year holds for me, God has it under control. I think last semester really proved that for me. I think one day I'll look back at last semester and it will be such a huge part of my testimony. I know that God will use those short, few months to reach people (and here I am wishing for the future again :). What can I say? It's going to be great.
In other news, I'm writing music again. If you know anything about me, this is a big deal. I stopped writing music a while back because it reminded me too much of a hard thing and I became discouraged and overwhelmed with everyone's amazing talents around me.


Ahem. 

Picture yourself in a grocery store, Starubucks, or baseball stadium minding your own business. The lights dim, the people become quiet, and fuzzy words come on over the loudspeaker(who knew Starbucks had one?): "Hello, world," a deep voice says dramatically, "Tabatha is coming back slowly but surely. Give her a few more minutes and she'll be back in full swing."

Ok, it might not happen but having an imagination rocks.

It's amazing how much it takes to bounce back, but here I am. Bouncing back. No one truly knows what exactly that means but it's a pretty big deal so just be happy for me and don't get me down! :) Thanks, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment