Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Like this

Oh, don't cry. This is your escape. This is your chance. Close your eyes, squeeze them real tight, and let it go, all of it, and when you wake up and the moon is lassoed and the sky is turquoise, you can smile and think to yourself: "Wow, you were right".
The world will scream in your face, and the dark, grey, dismal, clouds from St. Louis will try to entrap you into memories that you hide and run away from. They'll try to get to you so hard, but you can't let them.
Keep running. Keep pushing. Keep breathing.
Remember with every step and every breath and every action that you take, with your heart beating a million times a minute, you're living. You're alive.
Remember that time when we ran up the hillside and when we got to the top we screamed at the top of our lungs? I think that's the first time I ever realized that what I'm doing really is mine to claim. Remember when we raced to the car and drove for a thousand miles until the road ended? We found the end.
At the end I discovered that who I am and what I've got, it's good enough. It's ok to be me, and it's more ok to be ok with the me that I'm ok with.

It doesn't have to make sense. Life. Like this random post.

No comments:

Post a Comment