Sunday, November 28, 2010

Life is for living, right?

So, I thought, what better place to blog than on an airplane while flying across the country? How awesome is that? This airplane has free wifi because it's the holiday season.

I was talking with my sister last night and this phrase popped out of my mouth: "Time only seems fast when you look back."

It kind of made us both stop for a second. First of all, I couldn't believe that a phrase so deep had come out of my mouth, and second, I realized the complexity and undeniable truth of the statement. I keep wishing and wanting time to hurry up already so that I can look back and see how I got through what I'm going through right now. I want to see that I made it and think back on it and ponder the grace of God and His provision already. I want to know so many things. My need and perseverant curiosity blinds me and causes me to only see my situation, instead of thinking of the necessary and fruitful things around me.

Time only seems fast when you look back. It's so true. This past semester has absolutely flown by now that I look back at these few months. I've moved across the country and found my new community. I've declared a major. It's almost Christmas. I really was not ready for that! 3 more weeks and this semester is over with!

So, a little encouragement to me and you alike. Take life from where you are- appreciating the things that truly have gotten you this far-and remember that whenever you get to where you think you're going, time flies by faster than you think. You'll make it.

"If I have a chance I won't think twice, I'll throw caution to the wind and always choose to ride. God gave me this life and I'm going to ride." -Lainey Wright

I mean life is for living after all, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment