Friday, June 10, 2011

For the rest of my life

I don't know about you, but there a few songs that I listen to and
no
matter
what
is
going
on
inside
of
me
I am instantly reminded that I am God's. That He is here. That I am not alone. That His presence can heal any wound. That only He can make me into all that I want to be. 
He 
is 
my 
wholeness.
I read this morning a verse in Psalm 127 that says that if God is not in something, then what's the point (it's the Tabatha translation, or more like paraphrasing...)?
It was such a reminder to me, kind of like the songs. What's the point of me doing something if God's not in it? In that sense, there's no fruit of ultimate benefit for me if my ultimate goal is to be all that God wants me to be. If my ultimate goal is God, why do I base things in my life aside from that goal? If I know the truth what am I doing? 
Where 
is 
my 
focus?

And as I listen to these songs... as I close my eyes and God gently reminds me that He is at my side (and that's He's never left), I wonder why I forget. I wonder how I forget 
so 
much. 
I forget that I'm worth dying for. I forget about the One who proved that I was worth dying for. I wonder why I resist someone so beautiful. As He whispers words of life to my soul (right to my soul), and I come alive in the fullest sense of the word, it's really then and only then that I find who I truly am.
Because my identity is in Christ and when I'm with Him, I'm reminded.
I belong.
My identity is that I am God's. I belong to Him.
And I also realize that that's exactly how I want it to be
for 
the 
rest 
of 
my 
life.

"Wind of God come blow up on us
Breath of God come breathe within us now, within us now
Spirit of God come fall upon us
Like a fire, rise within us now, within us now"


{Second photo taken by my brother Isaiah: isaiahbeiser.com}
{Just so you know, the song at the bottom of this post inspired the post altogether :)}

No comments:

Post a Comment